Thank you for your interest in working with us at Hope City Church. Please see below for our current job openings.
Youth & Young Adults Pastor
Start Date: ASAP
Hours Per Week: 40 hours (Full Time)
Hope City Church exists to bring the hope of Jesus to Greater Vancouver. We envision being missional, multi-ethnic, multi-ethnic, multi-generational and multiplying. As a community, we strive to embody hospitality, authenticity, creativity, and servanthood.
We have one worship service on Sundays and currently meet at Vancouver Christian School with an attendance of approximately 100 people. Hope City is part of the Evangelical Free Church of Canada, Lower Pacific District.
To learn more, go to https://www.hopecitychurch.org
Purpose of Role
To lead and oversee the following ministries: Youth (Gr 8-12) & Young Adults (University/20’s).
- Attendance at youth and young adult gatherings and Sunday worship services
- Participate in staff meetings once a week for ministry updates and collaboration
- Participate in leadership meetings once a month
- Available to congregation and part of community life
Approximate Breakdown: Youth – 70%, Young Adults – 30%
- Youth Ministry (Grades 8-12)
- Plan and lead weekly Friday gatherings each month with volunteer team (i.e. activities, lessons)
- Choose, plan and teach Sunday morning curriculum
- Recruit, screen, schedule, train, and develop new volunteers
- Organize and oversee details for special events (i.e. outreach, retreats)
- Help youth transition to young adults group
- Young Adults Ministry (University / 20’s)
- Oversee and attend weekly gatherings each month
- Train and develop the group to lead themselves
- Build relationships and provide pastoral leadership and care to help young adults develop their faith
- Administrative/Pastoral Leadership
- Create and steward approved budgets with ministry teams
- Evaluate ministries on a quarterly basis – vision, planning, team development
- Implement a strategy for leaders to disciple and care for these groups and be a support and resource to their parents
- Encourage youth and young adults to be authentic followers of Jesus, to cultivate spiritual growth and be servant leaders in the church and community
- Other duties as agreed upon with pastors, depending on gifting and experience
- Born again Christian with mature faith and ongoing personal spiritual formation in daily life (Bible reading, prayer, fellowship)
- A calling for ministry and a heart for working with youth and young adults
- Bachelor’s Degree in biblical studies, theological education or related field.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google applications
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication, and teaching skills
- Ability to build and lead volunteer teams
- Adaptable, teachable, enthusiastic, reliable, self-motivated, creative, excellent work ethic, team player
- Criminal Record Check required if hired
This position reports to the Executive Pastor of Hope City Church
Please e-mail your cover letter and resume (including at least 2 references) to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The successful candidate for this position must agree to the beliefs and values in the Hope City Church Statement of Faith and abide by the biblical principles outlined by these documents throughout their involvement at Hope City Church.